Jacking solution for ES

Questions, best practices, and general info regarding getting your hands dirty

Moderators: George Wehrung, Admin

DrewDickinson

Please share your very best solution for lifting the ES mains.
I remember Lancair had a small bracket solution years ago, that attached to the main gear axle area.
Ideas / suggestions appreciated.
thanks - Drew Dickinson
Ryan Riley

Drew, have you checked for the jack attachment? Most ES builders made a mount that is usually in the cargo area under the foldaway floor. I can take a pic and upload so you can see mine. I believe some owners have had aftermarket ones made. I think Bob Pastusek or Matt Speare would know.
-Ryan
Lancair ES Instructor
LOBO Webmaster
2007 Lancair ES
Matt Speare

Drew:

You can get the ES adapter thru Unionfab.com by creating an account and submitting a quote to purchase from a previous order: Order ID: XJ20240306-9678358659-2. With shipping it was around $200. You likely only need one, as you probably aren’t going to have a need to jack both sides at the same time. The wheel fairing needs to be removed to utilize. A few pictures of what it looks like and how to use it below.
IMG_1705.jpeg
IMG_1705.jpeg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 55 times
IMG_1841.jpeg
IMG_1841.jpeg (3.39 MiB) Viewed 55 times
IMG_1839.jpeg
IMG_1839.jpeg (3.25 MiB) Viewed 55 times
DrewDickinson

Thanks all for the assist here.

Matt's source (unionfab.com) was able to resurrect the previous order and is going to produce.
Landed cost is roughly $200 bucks for a single. Their rendering attached.
I am ordering a single
ES Jacking Point.png
ES Jacking Point.png (87.33 KiB) Viewed 30 times
today, if anyone else needs one of these, let me know and happy to tag it on to my order.

Ryan - you bet, this will be an easy "must take with" item that will stow nicely in the baggage compartment. My hanger neighbor saw me lifting the airplane for a new W&B, and said..."so how you going to do that if you are away from here" - which provoked this search.

Appreciate all the help here guys - Drew