Notes about LOBO Instrucotrs

Disscussions about training, LOBO syllabi, and things that make us all better Lancair drivers

Moderators: George Wehrung, Admin

George Wehrung

An excerpt from a post I made on LancairTalk:

The reason we want people with instructor experience that come out of a professional civilian flight school or military flight instructor is that they are used to teaching a standardize syllabus, generally training in high-performance aircraft, and have check rides conducted on them to ascertain their standardization of instruction, their flight skills, and their ability to work with a variety of students, (personalities & abilities). Thus, they are not just accountable to their students but to a higher level of organization that oversees their actions. A part 61 flight instructor may be an awesome instructor but I have no baseline of performance other than the checkrides they received while obtaining their ratings. Whereas in the civil world at a part 141 school or in the military there’s a plethora of checkrides for each position in an aircraft, aircraft type, stage of instruction they are allowed to teach, and to be check airmen. More importantly, there’s a paper trail if I want to review it.