Minor Forum Issues

Moderators: George Wehrung, Admin

Dave Souza

A few minor issues I have found just playing around with the user control panel...

1). Avatar size seems a bit small. I use a standard avatar icon that is 512x512 and about 110Kb. The required 90x90 and < 6KB seems really small.

2). When trying to link my YouTube channel in profile settings, it returns an "invalid character" when I try to save it. For example "https://www.youtube.com/@jugshangar573" throws an error from the "@" symbol.

3). I was looking for a way to adjust the color scheme to make user controls easier to see. The input boxes in forms (i.e. "User name", "Website", etc...) are very 'washed out', at least on my monitor, and its hard to figure out where to click to input the data. For example, the "Subject:" input box for this post has the same background color as the rest of the page and a very dim gray box around it, making it hard to locate. Once clicked on the box turns black making it easy to see.
Admin
Site Admin

Dave, I bumped up the Avatar size to 20kb. Try that. I saved my avatar in GIF, but that does pin it to 256 colors.

I'll have to research what it's not letting you tag your YouTube channel. Have you tried saving without the / after "com"?

Can you add a screenshot of your color scheme as I'm not seeing that on my phone or computer monitor. Thanks,
Dave Souza

Here's a screenshot. It may just be my monitor, but all text input boxes are very dim and "washed out". It was particularly difficult to find the input box for items like my youtube channel and I wound up just finding one and using TAB and SHIFT-TAB to jump around on the page.

I put just the name of my youtube channel (the part after the @ symbol) in my profile and that seemed to work.

Haven't tried to update my avatar yet but i can make 20Kb work.

Thanks for the quick response.
Attachments
LancairLive Screenshot.png
LancairLive Screenshot.png (175.1 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
Ryan Riley

Dave, I'll see if I can change the color palate and see if that helps. More to follow.
-Ryan
Lancair ES Instructor
LOBO Webmaster
2007 Lancair ES
Ryan Riley

I changed the color, but I don't see much of a difference. I can switch the forum template to "night mode" which will make the background dark. I'm hesitant to do so, but will try if more people have issues.
-Ryan
Lancair ES Instructor
LOBO Webmaster
2007 Lancair ES