Converting traditional flap system to G3X & GAD27

Have a question or are stuck, ask here

Moderators: George Wehrung, Admin

George Wehrung

Has anyone successfully connected their flap system to the GAD27 and used the limit switches on the flap motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan OBrien

George Wehrung wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:53 am Has anyone successfully connected their flap system to the GAD27 and used the limit switches on the flap motor?
George,

My flaps make use of the GAD27. Flight Metrics wired the flaps so that I have three settings: 10 degrees, 20 degrees, and full (just under 40 degrees if I remember correctly). It works. I can't tell you the steps they had to take to do this, unfortunately.
Happy & Safe Flying,
Dan
George Wehrung

Thank you Dan. I needed up just going traditional but I did manage to get the both side wired up and also have speed brake controls on both sides now.
Admin
Site Admin

George, how'd did this project go? Any pictures and details to pass? Reason for this change? Inquiring minds want to know...

-Ryan
George Wehrung

The reason I change my mind was I started thinking about how many inputs are going into one little box, the gad 27. And if that thing fails, it has all of my trim input. Potentially my auto pilot pitch servo as well as the flat motors. I thought that was too many things for not having a back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk