Precise Flight Speedbrake Switch

Discussion about avionics, upgrades, best practices, panels

Moderators: George Wehrung, Admin

George Wehrung

All,

I am changing out the switch and my stick grip from a toggle type switch that is used with the infinity stick grips. The switch is currently a three position toggle switch with an on off momentary on positions.

I would like to wire in a simple pushbutton switch. The pushbutton switches that infinity arrow uses have three terminals on them. And I wanted to know if anybody had done this and how they did it? In other words, how did you wire each terminal on the switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan Riley

@George Wehrung, I'd give JD at Infinity a call any time after 1300 Pacific time as he's a night owl. He's been very helpful during the order/build for mine.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

-Ryan
Lancair ES Instructor
LOBO Webmaster
2007 Lancair ES
George Wehrung

I talk to him last night, but he didn’t know which switch they needed

George Wehrung

So thanks to Paul’s advice; I went with the infinityaerospace 8636 switch and as Jon mentions it’s a push on push off. I wired power to the center terminal on the switch and the up and down wires at the outer two.

I decided to use the toggle switch for the flaps. It will be center off, momentary down for extension and up for retract. I haven’t decided which side I prefer the flap and speed brakes on but likely it will be the outer side as it always gets hit when people are getting in and out. I also like the toggle up so the flaps will retract without me having to hold the switch. I am thinking for a go around scenario.