Lancair ES - Steam Gauges to Dynon

Discussion about avionics, upgrades, best practices, panels

Moderators: George Wehrung, Admin

George Wehrung

Also depending on what pitot static tubes (if they are connected to the back of the display) you use make sure you keep enough slack to be able to pull the display out to be able to disconnect them without kinking them. But you also need to ensure or insulate them if the slack pushes back into the cabin heat valves. The Nyla flow tubes will melt inflight. Ask me how I know…. Same thing for the display harness connectors. It sucks having the display barely hanging out and trying to balance it on your knees while disconnecting all that crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan Riley

Thanks Jorge, I'll make sure I am careful with the tubing.

Center stack is built and ready to go. I'll need to trim the angle alum prior to bolting to the panel. Here are a few pics. The Com2 radio and XPNDR are mounted on the bottom stack.
PXL_20231120_172518416.resize.jpg
PXL_20231120_172518416.resize.jpg (800.47 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
PXL_20231120_172550029.jpg
PXL_20231120_172550029.jpg (1018.26 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
-Ryan
Lancair ES Instructor
LOBO Webmaster
2007 Lancair ES
Ryan Riley

Today is ripping out old Wheelan wiring and replacing with shielded 4 way wiring for the new LED position/strobe lights.

The Wheelan setup always had noise through the headsets, so I'm hoping the new wiring and LED lights do the trick.

The old wiring has dedicated strobe wiring and additional position wires. Much nicer to replace using the new wiring.Image

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

-Ryan
Lancair ES Instructor
LOBO Webmaster
2007 Lancair ES
George Wehrung

Nice progress Ryan!

I remember ripping out all of that heavy wiring…

Ryan Riley

My Tosten stick grips today. I'm very excited to ditch the bicycle grip basic stick for these. I decided to go with Tosten over the Infinity grips because they are a little smaller, their customer service is outstanding and they were easy to customize. They're going in tomorrow.ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

-Ryan
Lancair ES Instructor
LOBO Webmaster
2007 Lancair ES
George Wehrung

Those are really nice looking grips Ryan.

Ryan Riley

Making progress, albeit slower than I want. Got the Tosten grip’s mounted as well as the ACM, ADAHRS, pitot/static lines, ACM harness, as well as new servos and associated wiring harness.

I also upgraded my Rigid LED landing lights. The old ones were flood, now I have a flood/spot combo. Forgive the dirty wing…she’s not seen the light of day for a while.

-Ryan
Lancair ES Instructor
LOBO Webmaster
2007 Lancair ES