Performance Numbers for Super ES

Moderators: George Wehrung, Admin

JamesMunafo

I am trying to pin down some performance profiles before I begin my IFR training. I understand that each ES is a bit different even with similar or the same equipment, however, if someone has some go-to MP/RPM combinations for, Precision Approaches holding the decent path, Cruise Climbs, Cruise, Level and decending clearn and dirty etc. they are willing to share, it might be a place to start.

I generally fly LOP and apply much of the approach to flying as promoted by Savvy Aviation as to lowering the RPMs, but understand there are differing opinions. I am hangered in Colorado, so higher flights normally 9500 to 12500.

Thanks in advance,
James Munafo Jr.
George Wehrung

I have no LOP numbers. But you will likely in the 10”-20” MP. Unfortunately I just put the throttle where it needs to be to get the airspeed I want. Sorry amigo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan Riley

James,

15" MAP to slow down from enroute cruise speed, 22"/2400 rpm to cruise around 140 KIAS, which is easy to slow to the white arc, but not so slow that it sucks going around the radar pattern.

Holding: 15-17" - I shoot for just above the white arc.

Precision app: 11-12". Should give you around 100 KIAS. I fly final with half flaps, and once I break out, I slow to 85 kts and go full flaps. If I hit mins still IMC, a half flap go around is very benign.

Non-precision: 9-10" MAP until MDA, then power as required to hold airspeed.

As George said, each ES is a little different, but these settings will get you close and you can tweak from there.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

-Ryan
Lancair ES Instructor
LOBO Webmaster
2007 Lancair ES
JamesMunafo

Thank you to all who responded.

James
Travis Tatum

Great info Ryan! Thanks!