Boost Pump Overhaul

Questions, best practices, and general info regarding getting your hands dirty

Moderators: George Wehrung, Admin

Rock Barchfeld

Before I got booted from LancairTalk, I failed to note the facilities that can overhaul the Dukes boost pump in my IV-PT. There were 2 or 3 companies listed there, I believe. Does anybody have contact information for these folks? Not an AOG situation but rather a preemptive overhaul at about the 850 hour mark. I think 800-1000 hours is a good overhaul interval, but I’ll accept opinions from others with experience with these pumps.

Rock
George Wehrung

Hey Rock

I used CJ Aviation. (305) 378-1469. they are out of Miami, FL.

George
Brad Simmons

CJ Aviation was bought out by McFarland Aviation. Be VERY clear with them about pricing, timing, and overall expectations. You probably will not talk directly to anyone in FL who is directly associated with CJ.
The other option is AeroMotors is Wisconsin. They are a little limited in what they can do, but Dukes pumps are on their list.

Brad
Rock Barchfeld

Thanks!

Rock
Rock Barchfeld

CJ Aviation representative was clueless, said they could overhaul this my pump. I’m sure they can, as I talked to another person, who quoted $1200 plus parts. Aeromotors was $700 flat rate. Turned it around in less then 7 days and it works great.

My only complaint is, I can’t get a read on how the pump looked after 800 hrs. I overhauled it preemptively, to avoid getting stuck somewhere. Does anybody have an idea what is a good overhaul interval for an Airbourne, (Parker), #3B7-4. ?