Lancair Aerospace Packing and Moving

Announcements from the LOBO Board, fly-ins, gatherings, or other Lancair-related activities

Moderators: George Wehrung, Admin

George Rosel

Hello Members,

I have been communicating with Capt. Augustine and Mark Hufstuttler today. Action has really ramped up at Uvalde TX. With approx 15 workers (including Augustine!) work is in progress loading up all the assets for the long move to California. So far, 10 containers are loaded with 8 more to go. This is a monumental task but they all appear to be very excited with the big move. Mark sent me an email to share with our members (see below) and Augustine sent me several pictures to prove he is actually working and not just standing around. Ha! Everyone likes to see the Boss sweat and I understand it is hot and humid in Texas. Sorry but with my lack of tech skills, I am unable to attach pics & videos at this time.

Keep your fingers crossed and pray for a successful move for our new owners. Please continue to be patient with orders and returned phone calls, etc.

Sincerely,

... George Rosel, LOBO Prez.

Here is the message from Mark...

George,

Wanted to report that Captain Augustine Joseph with the New Lancair (he is the owner) has been here all week overseeing the packing of the assets we sold. They currently have 6 or so containers and trailers headed out of Uvalde full of molds and parts.

I can tell you that given the approach to sorting and cataloging they are using suggests to me they are in fact serious about resuming parts support and potentially new kit / airplane production.

I do believe he is a bit overwhelmed at the shear quantity of the assets and it will take some time to wrap his head and arms around it all but in time he will.

I see all of this as good signs for the Lancair community and gives me peace of mind that the new owners are sincere about the product and their owners.

Mark Huffstutler
122 Howard Langford Drive
Uvalde, Texas 78801
866-LANCAIR
mark@lancair.com
George F. Rosel

Lancair Owners & Builders (LOBO)

President

(cell) 303-995-5501
Tom Sullivan

Great news! Sounds like we are moving in the right direction!