Insurance - Liability only

Moderators: George Wehrung, Admin

Gordon Porter

Hello all.

My aircraft insurance (ES) is renewing 3/1/23. I have been with USAIG for years and they have provided a reasonable quote to renew. I was, however, considering liability only, or "ground not in motion". Michelle from Gallagher tells me that USAIG will not do anything but full coverage, and there is no one else out there that will either. I know a number of the IV guys do liability only. Would anyone share if they have liability only, and with whom?

I feel that Michelle is not very interested in helping me out.

Thanks

Gordon
George Wehrung

Gordon

I would try Joe Ryan of wings insurance. They are larger and have a good relationship with all the underwriters.

George

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gordon Porter

Thanks George. I got the contact info you sent as well. I will reach out to Joe. I'll report back to this forum.
Ryan Riley

@Gordon Porter anything to report with? We'd love to learn.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

-Ryan
Lancair ES Instructor
LOBO Webmaster
2007 Lancair ES
Gordon Porter

I spoke with Joe Ryan Friday. He was very helpful and had a good pulse on the market.

USAIG won't do liability only. There are 2 or 3 companies that will at a decent price (like $700-800) for what I was looking at. Apparently Gallagher is not contracted with these other companies, hence no quote for me.

I decided to go with the full renewal quote with USAIG.

We should have Joe do a session at The Landing on the art of selecting insurance values (hull mostly) and how things work in a loss situation.

I am thankful to have an ES for which the insurance issues are not challenging like IVs and Evos.
Ryan Riley

I agree that ES insurance is still in the "affordable" category, although about $2k higher than my Mooney Bravo was and it had a higher hull value.

I rationalize that I easily save more than $2k/yr on mx and annual expenses doing a lot of work myself and having it inspected by my local A&P.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

-Ryan
Lancair ES Instructor
LOBO Webmaster
2007 Lancair ES
George Wehrung

Yes the ES has a lot of good price points for it it’s capable of. I am glad Joe was able to help you.

I would be a bit concerned if he presented with other brokers there unless he keeps it generic to how the industry as whole works and future outlooks.

George Wehrung

Gordon Porter wrote:I spoke with Joe Ryan Friday. He was very helpful and had a good pulse on the market.

USAIG won't do liability only. There are 2 or 3 companies that will at a decent price (like $700-800) for what I was looking at. Apparently Gallagher is not contracted with these other companies, hence no quote for me.

I decided to go with the full renewal quote with USAIG.

We should have Joe do a session at The Landing on the art of selecting insurance values (hull mostly) and how things work in a loss situation.

I am thankful to have an ES for which the insurance issues are not challenging like IVs and Evos.
We are also hoping to have Joe speak at one of our monthly board meetings as well.