Annual Condition Inspection

Moderators: George Wehrung, Admin

Dan OBrien

George Wehrung wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:43 am Dan,

Did I ever send you my self derived checklist I use?

George

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. And I used it! Thanks George. Where I'm not great is on how best to complete some tasks, which is the guide I was unrealistically seeking. That's basically what folks get in A&P school. Some I know by heart or can resurrect from the building process, but some (eg engine related stuff like compression tests, etc) was more a learned set of things that were somewhat new to me. I found that none were complicated, and I got good help from the folks at Flight Metrics and just reading the LOBO references, FAA guides, maintenance manuals of course, etc.

We're all looking for cookbooks that don't really exist. Time, persistence, communication, and a bit (not a lot) of sweat--that's all it takes.
Happy & Safe Flying,
Dan
Dan OBrien

George Wehrung wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:43 am Dan,

Did I ever send you my self derived checklist I use?

George

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. And I used it! Thanks George. Where I'm not great is on how best to complete some tasks, which is the guide I was unrealistically seeking. That's basically what folks get in A&P school. Some I know by heart or can resurretc from the building process, but some (eg engine related stuff like compression tests, etc) was more a learned set of things that were somewhat new to me. I found that none were complicated, and I got good help from the folks at Flight Metrics and just reading the LOBO references, FAA guides, maintenance manuals of course,, etc.

We're all looking for cookbooks that don't really exist. Time, persistence, communication, and a bit (not a lot) of sweat--that's all it takes.
Happy & Safe Flying,
Dan