High Energy Brake Calipers for a Super ES

Questions, best practices, and general info regarding getting your hands dirty

Moderators: George Wehrung, Admin

JamesMunafo

Hi Group,

I thought I had a lead on a new set of high energy Cleveland Wheels and Brake set, listed in their catalog for the IV under part number 199-224, which I understand could be installed on my ES. I contacted the new owners, (Aircraft Wheel & Brake by Kaman), but they have not manufactured them for over 3 yrs. so I was told it would take another year to have them made and cost lots of $$$.

Now I understand that I can get a set of HE calipers originally used on the IV which will greatly improve my braking and maybe not have to replace everything else. George Wehrung has a great post titled “Replacing Brake Pads or Inspecting Pads on High Energy Calipers” where he explains in writing and pictures the process, and states that it make a big positive difference in his braking ability. This is what I want for my ES. The problem is I cannot seem to source a set (new or even an old pair that could be repurposed) of HE calipers. Are there other options that I should consider, or does anyone know of a pair of the HE calipers available?

Thanks for any suggestions.
James Munafo Jr.
(720) 308-5046
Brad Simmons

James,
I have found another set of donor calipers, the same as what George has.
TY,
Brad
JamesMunafo

Brad, call me when you get a chance. I did email you with some pictures.
James Munafo Jr. (720)308-5046