Engine removal and other to do items

Questions, best practices, and general info regarding getting your hands dirty

Moderators: George Wehrung, Admin

George Wehrung

So I pulled the engine at 1100 hours due to piston rings sticking, causing blowby out of the sump. Pulled the first cylinder thinking I could get away with a top overhaul. Nope. Cam shaft was badly pitted. So off to G&N in Illinois for evaluation etc. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
George Wehrung

Now I am pulling the engine cradle to send off to be welded for more reinforcement and inspection for cracks as well as paint. Image

George Wehrung

I am looking for recommendations for a better way to attach my wiring harness to the cradle. Adel clamps get tired and melt as do zip ties.

I am also interested in a remote oil filter mount and location. I do have a good spot on the firewall between my heater can and the starter/avionics relays.

George Wehrung

Engine cradle out

donsak

George Wehrung wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:35 pm I am looking for recommendations for a better way to attach my wiring harness to the cradle. Adel clamps get tired and melt as do zip ties.

I am also interested in a remote oil filter mount and location. I do have a good spot on the firewall between my heater can and the starter/avionics relays.

You might try High Temperature Adel clamps and zip ties. I use them near the exhaust section of my PT6 without issue.
Don Sak
EVO N675DS
KSRQ Florida Winter
KPTK Michigan Summer
George Wehrung

Ah I didn’t know such a thing existed!

Thanks Don!